Begin Again: Mindfulness Practice Community for Parents of Kids with Special Needs
June 11 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
CEA’s Begin Again gatherings are for parents of kids with special needs who want to build or strengthen their mindful awareness in daily life. Mindfulness is a way to cope with stress and foster resilience and well-being. Our Begin Again participants have found practicing mindfulness in community with peer parents is powerful and supportive.
We meet every second Saturday at 10:30AM at Westwood Nature Center (8300 West Franklin Ave. St. Louis Park, MN 55426). We gather outdoors as the building and bathroom facilities aren’t open until 12:00PM. A shelter is available in case of rain.
Please contact Beth Dierker at email@example.com for questions and to be looped in to email communication about any weather-related changes.
What to Expect:
- In-person, casual gatherings of about 45 min to 1 hour.
- Loose structure: Check-in, short practice or reflection, check-out
- Group “host” role rotates. One participant each meeting prepares ahead of time and shares a practice or reflection that supports them
- Sitting or standing in a circle for conversation; walking or sitting mindfulness practices. Group meets for check-in in front of Westwood building and proceeds to quieter space for remainder of the time together.
Begin Again gatherings started as a source of ongoing support and community-building for alumni of CEA’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Parents of Kids with Special Needs courses. We relied heavily on our MBSR learning during the pandemic and “met” virtually for a time, followed by these in-person, outdoor gatherings. Gathering times and locations were chosen by group members and are flexible to adapt as the group evolves.
- MN United States + Google Map
May 27 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
July 9 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am