You just learned that your child has autism. Now what?
Like they tell you during the airline flight instructions, you need to put on your own oxygen mask before helping others. If you don’t, you’ll be of no help to anyone. This podcast series is meant to be that oxygen mask: a breath of fresh air and a pause for parents who are navigating their journey with autism or other developmental differences.
Take a breath with us!
Episodes discuss self-care while caring for others, becoming an advocate for your child, relationship strains, avoiding burnout and information overload, and learning to trust your internal compass. Listeners will enjoy the conversational approach and connection to resources.
Our hosts’ perspective are just a sliver of our rich autism community. Let’s use this vehicle to share more parents’ perspectives and build a broader sense of community. Be an Oxygen Mask guest collaborator!
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below
- iOS (iPhone, iPad, and iPod: select the “Subscribe on iTunes” button above.
- Mac and Windows: select the “Subscribe on iTunes” button above.
- Android and Amazon Fire: select the “Subscribe on Android” button above.
- Copy the address found in the box above and paste into your favorite podcast application or news reader.
- Bookmark this podcast: press the “Ctrl” and “D” keys on your Windows keyboard, or “Command” + “D” for Mac.